Cerberus: Anarchism or Statism

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Daniel

Anarchism or Statism



Tom Morello and his Rage Against the Machine companions (they've reunited recently, don't you know) are bound to be raising arguments about our government. The problem is that they seem to be at once statists and anarchists. The line about knocking at the door, however much you might think of a forlorn Christ at your soul, makes me think statist. Anarachists would set fire to the door.

But it's a catchy hook. The Irish background tones are especially neat. And I support nylon stringed instruments only slightly less than Ron Paul.

2 comments:

Steven W said...

Can I buy this on a major record label like I did with all those great ;) audioslave albums?!!!

I would also like T-Shirts and Lunchboxes.

Stephen said...

It seems like there aren't that many serious, committed anarchists out there. I don't think this song is really anarchistic at all. It's really just revolutionary (in the sense of having to do with revolution).

I respect the anarcho-capitalists for their commitment, but I don't think their ideas are right or practical. If you are calling all non-anarchists statists, then I guess I'm a statist. Expect a post on that soon.