Cerberus: "NPR, meet Toby Keith; Toby Keith, NPR."

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stephen

"NPR, meet Toby Keith; Toby Keith, NPR."

Yesterday I heard a rather amusing piece of broadcasting. NPR's show Fresh Air contained a review of Toby Keith's new album. I suppose the people at NPR were trying to prove that they are accepting of all kinds of music and ideas, but the result was rather comical. As a frequent NPR listener who disagrees with its prevailing political philosophy and as a southerner who doesn't listen to country music, I feel ideally positioned to observe this collision of two worlds with which I am familiar but of which I am not really a part. If you are in a similar position, you might also find it entertaining.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

I'd just like to draw attention, for our readers, Stephen's insistence on avoiding ending a sentence with a preposition. That's just the kind of quality grammar you're going to learn to love here at Cerberus.

- Daniel, President of Public Relations for Cerberus, Inc.

Stephen said...

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Winston Churchill

Daniel said...

That's so liberal arts freshman material...but I'll accept it from a ME.